Hey friends! It’s a Thursday again. I’m here again with a post. This time it’s a recipe. One post every Thursday has actually made me less lazy nowadays. Thanks to my husband for coming up with the idea for a lazy me. I feel so happy to blog every week. I’ve lot of things to blog about, but I will, for some time give more importance to recipes because there is a possibility that I will forget the procedure. Methi Rice (or pulao) is a very healthy recipe. This is another variation of the Methi Pulao, the recipe of which I have posted long ago. We all know methi (or fenugreek) is very good for diabetes. When it is so, why not include the same in your daily diet?
When you have a bunch of fresh methi leaves and you are wondering what to do, go for this tasty Methi Rice. It is very ideal for a quick lunch box recipe as well.
1 bunch Methi (Fenugreek) Leaves finely chopped
2 onions finely chopped
1 cup Corn
1 teaspoon Jeera
1 teaspoon ginger garlic paste
1 teaspoon Turmeric
1 teaspoon Chili Powder
½ teaspoon Garam Masala
1 teaspoon Kasuri Methi
1 teaspoon Aamchur Powder
2 cups Cooked Rice
Salt as per requirement
Oil – 1 Tablespoon
- Wash 2 cups of rice and pressure cook it with salt. I normally add salt while cooking the rice as it mixes well
- Take a big pan and heat oil. Add jeera to it. Wait until it splutters.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute
- Add the finely chopped onions and add little salt and fry until transparent
- Add the finely chopped methi leaves and fry well
- Add the corn and close the lid and cook until the corn becomes tender
- Add the turmeric powder, chili powder, kasuri methi, aamchur powder and garam masala and mix well
- Add the cooked rice and mix well. Add salt, if required
- Serve with mixed vegetable raita and moong papad
This serves as a quick lunch box recipe. If you’re in a hurry to make lunch in the morning, it is a very good option. Try this out!