Hi Friends! I am back again on a thunderous Thursday (Literally thunderous as it rained super heavily accompanied by thunder and lightning last night). It’s been quite some time since I posted a recipe. So here I am with one. This time’s recipe is a quick breakfast recipe. It is made with Bread and Gram Flour. It is something which I borrowed from a website. I wanted to make something easy, but, yet tasty. I was a little worried to try this out. I wasn’t sure how the Gram flour batter would react on the tawa after being soaked in the bread. I was shocked to see the result as it turned out to be great, without even a bit of a hassle.
4-5 slices of Whole Wheat Bread
4-5 Table spoons of Gram Flour
1 Tomato, finely chopped
1 Onion, finely chopped
2 Green Chilies, finely chopped
1 tsp Turmeric
1 tsp Chili Powder
Finely chopped Coriander Leaves (as per your taste)
Salt as per requirement
Water as per requirement
Oil as per requirement
- Take a deep bottomed vessel. Add 4-5 tbsps of Gram Flour
- To this, add turmeric, chili powder and salt and mix well.
- Add water as per requirement and mix well. Make sure no lumps are formed, as Gram Flour when mixed with water has a tendency of creating lumps.
- After it is mixed well, add in the finely chopped tomato, onion, green chilies and coriander leaves. Add in water if required (the mixture needs to be liquidy, though not watery)
- Mix Well and keep aside
- Take a slice of bread and dip one side in the liquid. Make sure the liquid covers the entire slice of bread. Repeat the same for the other side of the bread.
- Make sure both sides of the bread have the veggies as well. If not, take the veggies and put it on top of the bread.
- Heat a tawa on low flame, add one teaspoon oil and place the toast on it. Let it cook well.
Once it turns golden brown slowly toss the slice after adding in one tsp oil. Cook it well until it turns golden brown.
- Remove from the Tawa and serve Hot with tomato ketchup.
Note: The Toast must cook well. Do not remove it before time as there is a tendency of it being under cooked because of the gram flour. Also, do not leave it for a longer time as there is a possibility of it burning. In short, be on guard when toasting it.
The cooking method is like paratha. The toast should turn golden brown.
I hope you guys enjoy this easy to make breakfast recipe. Why are you guys still here, go ahead and try it? And yes, do let me know how it turns out to be.