Hi friends. I’m too ashamed of myself for not having blogged for more than two months now! There were too many things keeping me busy and more than that my laziness did take over me.. To make up for all the losses, here I am, promising myself (this is the ‘n’ th time I’m doing this) that I will come very often now on My Space. Today I’m posting a recipe which I tried out two weeks ago. I was surprised at the result as everyone at home loved it. I came across this recipe online. This is one of the billion recipes I try out in the morning to make an interesting lunch box for my husband. So let’s check it out!
1 cup Potato (cut into cubes)
1 cup Cauliflower (the florets separated)
1 cup onion (finely chopped)
1 cup Tomatoes (finely chopped)
1 cup Green Peas
1 tsp turmeric powder
1 tsp chilly powder
1 tsp Amchur
1 tsp Coriander Powder
1 tsp Garam Masala powder
1 tsp Jeera
1 tbsp Oil
3-4 dried Red Chillies
A pinch of Hing
Water as per your requirement
Salt as per your taste
- Take oil in a pan and jeera to it. Fry for minute until the jeera splutters. Then, add dry red chillies and hing and fry for a minute.
- Add in the onions and add salt. Fry until the onions turn golden brown.
- Add in the Cauliflower florets and potato and fry for a minute.
- Then, close the lid and cook until both cauliflower and potato becomes tender
- Add the turmeric powder, coriander powder and red chilli powder, tomatoes and mix well.
- Add the green peas and water as per your requirement and cook until tender(I added 1 cup water)
- Add in the amchur powder and garam masala powder and mix well.
Yummy Aloo Gobi Matar Masala is ready to serve.
Serve it with rotis or rice.
Generally, I add salt while frying onions as it cooks faster that way and also cooks uniformly. I, later add salt in the end as per the taste.
So why don’t you guys try it out.. Come on, give it a go..